STRESS MANAGEMENT GROUP
A THERAPY GROUP
The Stress Management Group is a FREE therapy group for individuals struggling with stress management. The group is structured to help identify strengths, set achievable goals, and teach coping skills.
JUNE 4 - JULY 23, 2019
6:30 - 8:00 PM
SHELBY WELLNESS & THERAPY CENTER809 N Lafayette St., Suite A Shelby, NC 28150 (704) 284-0554 www.shelbytherapy.com
FAMILIES IN RECOVERY
"Addiction isn't a spectator sport, eventually the whole family get to play"
Families in Recovery is a FREE group for family members of substance abusers. The group is structured to help improve family dynamics, teach coping skills, and teach members that they are not alone.
- Understanding family roles in substance abuse
- Learn healthy coping skills
- Rebuild trust
- How to help without enabling
- Communication skills
- Dealing with anger and conflict
GROUP STARTS TUESDAY, MARCH 19 @ 6:00 PM
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL THE OFFICE: (704) 284-0554 EMAIL US AT: SHELBYTHERAPY@SHELBYTHERAPY.COM
For Women experiencing PTSD, trauma, anxiety, and/or substance abuse
Seeking Safety is an evidence-based, treatment model to help individuals regulate emotions. Regulation of emotions is an important skill for managing symptoms of mental illness, trauma history and maintaining sobriety.
The goal is NOT to discuss your trauma experience in depth, but instead to build new skill to help you cope with trauma and feel safer in your day to day life.
The key principles of Seeking Safety
1) Safety is the overarching goal (helping clients attain safety in their relationships, thinking, behavior, and emotions).
2) Integrated treatment (working on both trauma and substance abuse at the same time)
3) A focus on ideals to counteract the loss of ideals in both trauma and substance abuse
4) Four content areas: cognitive, behavioral, interpersonal, case management
5) Attention to clinician processes (clinicians' emotional responses, self-care, etc/)
Wednesday 1:30 - 3:00 pm
Call our office to register!